[AMRadio] 51J3 or 75A3?

Theo Bellamy theo.bellamy at spirittelecom.com
Mon Mar 6 08:33:58 EST 2006

Wow! Thanks for all the great insights. It has me rethinking the entire idea
of putting together a classic AM station for late night Hi-Fi Radio. My
original idea was to recreate the "feel" of the station in which I took my
Novice test back in '64. It was a 75A4 and a Globe King 500B. But that
notion has since taken a turn to be more focused on audio quality than
nostalgia (while still using classic rigs), hence my original question.

Seems I have lots to learn yet before I decide what to do. The suggestion
that I go visit some collectors and listen to a number of different
receivers is a good one. Any volunteers within a couple hundred mile radius
of Charlotte, NC?

Thanks again all!

Theo K4MO