[AMRadio] 51J3 or 75A3?

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Mar 6 09:38:52 EST 2006

Yes, all the vintage receivers usually have good points, some
only look good, but all are fun to play with.

With the Collins stuff, you are going to pay about $1000.00?
for a good 75A4 with 3 filters.
Maybe more...

That is a lot to spend on something that might sound very poor.

And since its so expensive, you might worry about playing with it.

Gone are the days you could 'experiment' with vintage stuff unless
you hit the lottery or something.

I like to 'experiment' with my equipment, so before I hacked the
nice vintage stuff up, I sold it off and went home brew.
I can 'experiment' without ruining a classic piece of gear.

Brett
N2DTS