[AMRadio] Class AB and B audio XFMRS

Bob Bruhns bbruhns at erols.com
Mon Mar 13 06:43:00 EST 2006

The constant current flux-balance idea would work,
but it would waste a lot of DC power.  You might
as well use a single-ended class-A modulator on
the opposite side of a center-tapped winding from
the output, so the RF PA DC balances the class-A
DC.  Something has to dissipate that DC-balance
power, and it might as well be a class-A
modulator.  But this means a lot of power
dissipation in the modulator tube(s).

  Bacon, WA3WDR