[AMRadio] Class AB and B audio XFMRS

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Mon Mar 13 13:02:04 EST 2006

	Perhaps I should clarify one point that we may all be forgetting
here.  A XFMR will only transfer energy during the movement of the magnetic
field (EXPANDING OR CONTRATING).  If the magnetic field becomes stationary
then no energy will be transferred to the secondary regardless of the amount
of iron.  But if the magnetic movement is fast enough then transfer
efficiency can be high.  As the frequency is lowered the magnetic movement
is slowed down then the efficiency drops off.  I'm not sure if this is the
proper term mathematically but it is as if the coefficiency of coupling is
not as good when the frequency becomes too low.

	I hope I'm not boring folks with this and some may say I am making a
mountain of a mole hill.  I just find it fascinating.  I guess it is just my
type of thing.

John, WA5BXO