[AMRadio] Class AB and B audio XFMRS

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 13 21:35:15 EST 2006

>From: W5OMR/Geoff <w5omr at satx.rr.com>

>How difficult would be it be 'sweep' the mod iron?
>
>The reason I ask, is because so much of the surplus stuff we get is still
>of Mil-Spec design.  Therefore, if the mil-spec transformer says it's freq
>response is +/- 1db from 100Hz ~ 3000Hz, how would one determine exactly
>what this particular peice of iron will be capable of handling, in the
>'non-comercial' application?

Just because  its mil-spec freq response is +/- 1db is  100-3000~ doesn't
necessarily mean it is limited to that response.  It simply means that it is
guaranteed to be +/- 1db over that range.  Depending on the manufacturer, it
may actually have a much wider range.  I have seen military items rated at
300-3000~  that were actually more like 50-8000~.  A good example is the
T-368.  The stock audio is very restricted, but if the low level audio is
redone, the xmtr has good enough iron to sound near broadcast quality.

Don, K4KYV

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/