[AMRadio] Amplifier to use with my DX-60

Alan Beck abeck at xplornet.com
Thu Mar 16 09:34:13 EST 2006

I would like to use a cheap am with my DX-60.

An SB-200-230 seems to be a Class B amp. There for it only conducts on
the positive going cycle. I don't mean to sound silly, but someone told
me I could run this in SSB Mode using AM input from my DX-60, I run 100
Watts carrier for 400 Watts peak, now that makes sense.

What does not make sense is how do I get the other side of the wave
form???? The Tank??? I guess the tank.

I really need to go cheap on this project.

I know, you guys will probably say "go big or go home".

Best 73

Alan