[AMRadio] Amplifier to use with my DX-60

Mike Dorworth, K4XM k4xm at arczip.com
Thu Mar 16 18:15:47 EST 2006

 YES,in fact he could. 100 watts carrier or 80 watts carrier. The power
supply is the limiting factor here. The SB200 with a big fan and an external
power supply could actually run 160 watts carrier. The word Max is actually
maximum. The wimpy supply holds it to about 80 watts. You might like the
smell of hot tar and burned kraft paper! I would stick to 80 watts or there
abouts and check the transformer with the " can I hold a finger full on it
for 3 full seconds" test.. Mike