[AMRadio] AM transmitter coming available

Robert A. Poff wb3awj at blazenet.net
Fri Mar 17 12:16:51 EST 2006

I'm in the process of getting approval to dispose of our good old RCA BTA-5T
transmitter.
Sad duty, since it's the rig I grew up listening to....and I don't have the
room to take it..

This is a 5 KW/1KW AM transmitter in operating condition, currently on 910
KC.

Three phase power.
This one has been modified with ceramic tubes in the modulator (3CX3000's if
I remember correctly).
Essentially a drop-in change.

The company would like to get $500 for the rig.
There is still a small chance they may want to part it out throughout the
company.

But if they decide to dispose of it, you pick up in York, PA.

Anyone interested?

Robert A. Poff / WB3AWJ
Chief Engineer
WSBA / WARM-FM/ WSOX