[AMRadio] Amplifier to use with my DX-60

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Fri Mar 17 15:05:53 EST 2006

Jim,

I suppose it is also preference.  BJ and I modified the Kenwood TS820 to
full double sideband and it runs about 10-20 watts carrier output in that
mode we drive and SB200 modified with a switch to kick in extra bias when we
use in on AM.  It puts out about 75-80 watts carrier with good modulation
characteristics.  So the combo is equivalent to a DX100 with maybe better
audio.

John