[AMRadio] Modulator feedback

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Fri Mar 17 20:58:43 EST 2006

Thanks Don.  I used a 100 uf capacitor at 160 vdc, so it should be
sufficient.  I hooked it up exactly as you stated, positive to ground
and the negative lead toward the center tap of the HV transformer.  I
wish I could say it stopped it, but I still have problems.  It did stop
a lot of the talk back, but the feed back is still there albeit not
nearly as prevalent since I switched the 2A3 driver tubes.  I made a
couple of modifications to the dynamic microphone input to better
accommodate the non amplified D-104, but I can't see how that would have
anything to do with it.  I can move the mic several feet away (it has a
long cord - possibly too long) and turn the audio up enough to get 100%
modulation on the scope.  The 614 has a pretty high output and it takes
little to overdrive the modulator.

Rick/K5IZ