[AMRadio] Amplifier to use with my DX-60

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Mar 17 21:33:18 EST 2006

I agree with that, it seems to me, lately, MANY
people on the air are generating a lot of splatter.
Often, the received signal looks ok (sometimes not), the audio
sounds very good, but tune off frequency and they are generating
artifacts way out.

I see other people overmodulating, others with under 50% mod,
people 2 kc off frequency, etc.

On 40 meters, we often ran 5 Kc spacing, groups on 7295, 7290, 7285,
and I did not hear the other guys with a 5.5Kc filter.

Now, I often hear the people on 7285 on 7295.
A lot of the people have been around a long time, so I am not
sure what is up, extreme hifi not doing well through the transmitter?

I myself cant even think about operating without the mod monitor and
pep reading watt meter, its like driving at night without headlights!

Brett
N2DTS