[AMRadio] Use of an oscilloscope to monitor am audio

Craig C. Heaton wd8kdg at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 18 13:24:28 EST 2006

Good Morning Jim,

Yup, some addional hardware is needed for both a waveform and trapezoidal
pattern. Best to get an older ARRL(uuuug) Handbook from the late 1950's
early 1960's. The circuits and hardware are descriped there.

I can send info, .pdf file, jpegs,  and parts list of a little box I built
for my cheap $5 hamfest Eico 460.


-----Original Message-----
From: amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net]On Behalf Of Jim Miller WB5OXQ
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 9:29 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio
Subject: [AMRadio] Use of an oscilloscope to monitor am audio

I have a Tektronix model 453a scope and I would like to know how it can be
used to monitor transmitted signals.  Do I need extra hardware or an
interface of some type to obtain the trapezoid pattern?  I know some scopes
designed for amateur radio have this feature built in so I wonder if my
scope can be used for this?

AMRadio mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/amradio
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.html
Post: mailto:AMRadio at mailman.qth.net
AMfone Website: http://www.amfone.net
AM List Admin: Brian Sherrod/w5ami, Paul Courson/wa3vjb

More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 23 Feb 2018.