[AMRadio] Voltage regulator

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Sat Mar 18 21:57:02 EST 2006

I took the caps (100MFD) out of the circuit and, while the voltage dropped
quite a bit, a couple of the relays buzzed quite loudly.  A couple of others
didn't.

It was mentioned that lower capacitor caps may be a partial cure.  What
capacitance would be suggested, one MFD, 10 MFD?

I put the 1000 MFD back into the 12 (15) volt supply, and then tried the
resistor in series.  I did not find anything in the range of 5 ohms, but I
did find a 5 watt, 12 ohm resistor.

Under the load of one relay the voltage dropped to 9.75 volts, so I think
the suggested value of 5 ohms would be very close to correct.

73, Barrie, W7ALW