[AMRadio] Amplifier to use with my DX-60

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 19 14:22:40 EST 2006

>From: Brett gazdzinski <brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com>

>I myself cant even think about operating without the mod monitor and
>pep reading watt meter, its like driving at night without headlights!

Actually I find wattmeters pretty useless.  I prefer a thermocouple rf
ammeter to indicate maximum rf current while tuning up and to monitor for
normal rf line current to the antenna.

I also find meter type modulation monitors of  limited use.

But to me operating without a monitor scope is like driving with the
headlights off.  I use the envelope pattern most of the time.

Don

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/