[AMRadio] Amplifier to use with my DX-60

W7QHO at aol.com W7QHO at aol.com
Sun Mar 19 18:37:05 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/19/06 12:19:58 PM, jcandela at prodigy.net writes:

>    The 1956 QST gives you so much more for 25 cents
> extra. You get vintage yellowed pages, a nest of
> Silverfish, and Wayne Green's "Never Say Die" soap box
> editorial... :-)
>
> Jim
>
> --- W5OMR/Geoff <w5omr at satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Jim Candela wrote:
> >
> > >Check out Ebay, a copy of CQ magazine, Article:
> > June
> > >1956, Mobile Reference-shift Modulator, Item
> > number:
> > >5834903572, cost $4.00 buy it now
> > >

> > back issues of ER are $3.75

Just checked my CQ collection and discovered I have the June 56 issue.   The
"Mobile Reference Shift" article was written by Dale Hileman, K6DDV, the
author of the earlier Radio and TV News piece.   Both articles cover essentially
the same ground.   For those who requested more information on the scheme I will
include a copy of the CQ article along with my later discussion as published
in ER.

Dennis D. W7QHO
Glendale, CA