[AMRadio] Voltage regulator

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:35:11 EST 2006

>Some of my antenna relays have protective diodes and some don't.  If a
>power supply were to be used only for switching relays, could the
>protective diode be placed at the output of the power supply, rather than
>at the relay?

To me, the diode acts more as a protector of the switch or pilot relay
contacts.  If the DC power supply has a filter capacitor at the output, the
capacitor will look like a short to the inductive kick from the relay coil.
If there is a regulator circuit, the spike could wipe out some of the solid
state devices there.

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/