[AMRadio] use of scope to monitor output audio

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 22 18:38:49 EST 2006

>From: abeck at xplornet.com
>
>How does a high vswr affect the modulated envelope on an AM TX?
>
>I would expect a decrease of forward power to decrease the envelope and
>distort the signal somehow. Perhaps suppressing the audio?

I can't see how it would affect the modulated envelope in any way, so long
as the final is loaded to normal plate current, nothing in the rf chain
between final amplifier and antenna is arcing over on positive modulation
peaks, and rf in the shack is not getting into the speech amplifier chain.

Don k4kyv