[AMRadio] Switching between multiple rigs

Jim Miller WB5OXQ wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Sun Mar 26 18:41:59 EST 2006

I use the alpha delta coax switches for the antenna connection between
transcievers.  these have built in lightning protection if you run a good
ground to the switch and short the unused antenna connection to ground.  I
do not use this on the output of the linear amplifier, rather on the input
so 2 different radios can share the amp.  One radio is a TS 2000 Kenwood,
the other a Ten Tec Orion.  I have never had a problem and the switch has an
off position which connects neither rig and grounds both antennas for
additional lightning protection.