[AMRadio] For Sale Record Player

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Mon Mar 27 16:17:27 EST 2006

I have an old record player for a collector.  Please don't play records on
this thing.

This is what I know about it.

It has 2 tubes, a 35W4 and a 50C5.

It has a volume and tone control with white plastic knobs.

The brand is Symphonic.

The Model is 1716.

It has 4 speeds and a 45 stack adapter.

The 45 stack adapter says Telefunken

Flip over cartridge for 78/LP

Under the Turntable is says Telefunken GmbH TW503 (Sc-I)
	I assume that is the model of the Turntable asm.

Schematic is glued under the turntable compartment.
And is stamped "SL351A"

The dang thing works.
	Very little hum but has what I would consider low output.  It is
probably a ceramic or crystal cartridge that is losing output.  I used to
replace those things in my days of service and the volume would come up
considerable.

The case is all in one piece but the corners are frayed a lot.

Hinges work nicely and the latches do too.

Grill Cloth is great.

John, WA5BXO