[AMRadio] For Sale Record Player

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Mon Mar 27 19:47:03 EST 2006

That's interesting about the crystal radio because I did the same thing.  I
had one of those rocket radio things where the nose cone pulled up and down
to adjust the slug in a coil.  We lived about 1 mile from KILTs 5000 Watt AM
XMTR site and so that was all I could get on it.  But it was very loud and I
took the XTAL ear piece off and wired it to the cartridge wires and lo and
behold, it really came to life.  I think that was when I was in 7th or 8th
grade.  It wasn't this record player but one similar.  WOW what memories!!

Thanks Mark
John,
WA5BXO