[AMRadio] HB Xmtr, was: Home Brew AM Transmitter Wanted

Larry Keith kq4by at rocketmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:19:38 EST 2006

I have been looking at HB AM Xmtr designs.

One of the more interesting ones can be found on the
amwindow.org web site.  It is a pair of 813's
modulated by a pair of 813's.  That makes it
interesting to me since I already have a stash of
813's!

The designs doesn't look too complex.  It requires
about 5 - 10 watts of RF drive and 20 watts of audio.
Those should be easy enough.

>From looking at the xmtr and power supplies
schematics, it appears that the only "scare" parts are
the modulation transformer and the Heising choke.
Would anyone care to comment of availiability of such
items?  Specs shown are:

Mod Xfmr -- 300 - 500 Watts, 2:1 step down.

Heising choke:  50 H @ .5 A

73,

Larry
KQ4BY