[AMRadio] HB Xmtr, was: Home Brew AM Transmitter Wanted

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Tue Mar 28 12:41:07 EST 2006

Larry Keith wrote:

>From looking at the xmtr and power supplies
>schematics, it appears that the only "scare" parts are
>the modulation transformer and the Heising choke.
>Would anyone care to comment of availiability of such
>items?  Specs shown are:
>
>Mod Xfmr -- 300 - 500 Watts, 2:1 step down.
>
>Heising choke:  50 H @ .5 A

I don't have a lead on where you can find a mod transformer, but as far
as chokes are concerned, you don't -have- to have just *one* choke.. you
can string 5 10Hy @ a half an amp chokes in series, and get 50Hy's.

I had to resort to the same thing, when building my reactor.  Never
could find a single 50 or 60Hy choke at a half-amp... I now have 120Hy @
400mA, but had to put 6 (or 8?) of 'em in series to get where I am.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR