[AMRadio] HB Xmtr, was: Home Brew AM Transmitter Wanted

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Tue Mar 28 15:56:17 EST 2006

Brett,
	It is said that a critical amount of coupling capacitance will
smooth out and enhance the low frequency audio by becoming resonate with the
other inductive components.  But to me it seems to change the shape of the
low frequency components and causes a loss of the asymmetrical audio which
is needed in the broadcast industry because they have certain legal
limitation on symmetry of audio.  However I don't like to do that so I
always use a very large coupling capacitor so that the resonates is far
lower than any audio I would produce therefore it won't change the shape of
the produced audio.

John, WA5BXO