[AMRadio] be concise

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 08:11:57 EST 2006

Please start getting in the habit of deleting the
previous text when you hit Reply to a posting on the
AM Reflector.

Two things prompt us to make this request: Lengthy
"For Sale" lists that draw a response and the
redundant listing, and plans we have for an archival
database whose capacity would have to include all this
repetitive text.

Voluntarily deleting the previous text when you reply
will allow us to avoid changing the reflector protocol
so that this is done for you instead of by you.

Of course you should feel free to highlight and
block-copy previous text you directly refer to. Just
use some judgment and be concise with it, cool ?

Thanks for understanding.

I plan to directly email any folks who haven't paid
attention to this message in the days ahead to
encourage them more strongly to consider the request
we are making.

If you have questions about it, please email me or
Brian.

Paul/VJB