[AMRadio] Re: Modulator design needed

ne1s ne1s at neandertech.com
Wed Mar 29 13:13:21 EST 2006

Never measured the screen current, Dennis, it may well be exceeding the
dissipating ratings.

That said, I've never had to replace any of the 807's, they're still
cranking (in one case after ~10 years of intemittant use), and this is not
too much different from where Fender used to run 6L6GC screens in some of
their guitar amps. (the 6L6 family is nearly identical electrically to the
807/1625). And in the transmitters I've done this to there's no screen or
plate volts on the 807s during standby.

73,
 -Larry/NE1S