[AMRadio] Re: [Boatanchors] AEA Moscow

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed May 3 09:07:19 EDT 2006

On 5/2/06, Phil Galasso <k2pg at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Welcome back, Todd! I don't normally work 75 meters, but come on down to
> 160. I usually hang out on 1885, often early in the evening this time of the
> year, as I can evade the static by getting on early...yet there is plenty of
> skywave from 1, 2, and 3-land! Hell, Ken, why don't you come on down as
> well?

Thanks, Phil!

I was just discussing this last night on the air, actually. I have a
really nice, heavy duty 160m dipole rolled up in my garage, thinking I
lacked the space to put it up. Between the work accomplished over the
weekend with 'UJR and what Tim shared last night, I'm thinking it
would fit the property somehow, even if part of it is left dangling
vertically.

Ken has a booming signal up this way, I've heard him a few times on
weekends. It would be good to have a strapping station like his
holding down the frequency in that part of the country. 75 was a
madhouse last night from around 7:30-9 or so with many stations
competing for space as the band went long. A bit later it quieted down
from that perspective, but static crashes took over. Completely
different than the night before. Never did hear the swap net that Theo
mentioned, but I did wonder why someone would have a 'net on the
national calling frequency, considering the band's tendency to go long
and increase interference levels. I mean, it was crazy on 3885.

I don't think I've ever worked 160, but I've listened a lot and heard
some very nice signals on the SX-28A. KW1I and others come booming in
here. I've got a BC transmitter in the process of getting cleaned up
for 160, too.

You coming up to Hosstraders?

73, Todd  KA1KAQ