[AMRadio] Smoothing Choke

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed May 3 16:21:53 EDT 2006

Hi:
I am finally building the power supply for my ART-13 transmitter and
would like your opinion on a thing or two.  Thanks to Ronnie Hull, I
have a  5 - 25 henry swinging choke for the HV supply.  I also have,
thanks to an old TX-1, a 400 ma smoothing choke, 5.5 henry @ 400 ma.  I
wanted to use something a little larger, maybe 10 or 12 henry.  I'm
using 866 or maybe 3B28 rectifiers and 4 mfd and 8 mfd filters.  Do you
think the 5.5 henry choke will be sufficient?

I also need another 5 - 25 swinging choke in the 250 ma range for the
400 volt supply.  It too will use another 5.5 henry choke if it is
determined that is sufficient.

Any and all advice, opinions, criticism or comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Rick/K5IZ