[AMRadio] Smoothing Choke

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed May 3 17:33:52 EDT 2006

Rick pick up and old ARRL handbook.  I have a 56 year version and it has
charts that will help you determine the percent of ripple with various
combinations of L and C.

If you use 4 uf. and 5 H with choke input, it says the ripple percent will
approximate 4%.  Usually 5% is where most people go since it takes such
large values to exceed that.

73  Jim
W5JO