[AMRadio] shunt

Mike Dorworth, K4XM k4xm at arczip.com
Fri May 5 17:00:21 EDT 2006

  If I'm not mistaken the BC-939 antenna coupler used with
> the BC-610 transmitter uses a 15 amp meter in the antenna output
> circuitry and the BC-610 is capable of only 400 watts carrier.

Again it is still I squared R so at a TWO OHM load and 15 amps you would
indeed have 450 watts. The way the BC-610 ran mobile is into a 15  foot whip
so the resistance could be perhaps as low as 2 ohms, negelecting ground loss
which is in series BUT the BC 610 is looking into a fifty ohm load into the
tuner and the meter should be looking at the  output.  mike