[AMRadio] Ferroresonant transformer revisited

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sun May 7 13:13:55 EDT 2006

Geoff,

   If the idle power draw is about 20% of the rating,
then I figure you can mull that around and conclude
how much that is, and how hot that might get. These
Ferros's are not noted for efficiency, but if they are
loaded near capacity, 80% is doable. It's kind of like
a car at 55 mph that might get 25 mpg, and when
sitting at a long Texas red light the motor still gets
hot, and yet the mpg is zero.

Did I answer the question? :-)

Jim
JKO