[AMRadio] Quadrature Hybrid, Buy or Build

Lyman K7LH radracom at verizon.net
Sun May 7 13:47:27 EDT 2006

I need several quadrature hybrids (i.e. a 90 degree two-way splitter) for
use in portions of the 0.5 to 2.0 MHz band.  This is for a low power phasing
scheme.  Normally I would obtain them from some place like Mini-Circuit but
some reason they only offer a 1.13 to 1.38 MHz model (PSCQ-2-1.25).  Can
anyone suggest a source of supply?

Suppose I could also build them but am not familiar with the construction
techniques used at these low frequencies.  Am more accustomed to stripline
and microstrip at VHF and UHF.  Any suggestions here would be appreciated.
I am sure the techniques are well known and must be covered in some
articles, books and/or web sites.

Lyman