[AMRadio] Flyback Transformer for Old 'Scope

Kim Elmore Kim.Elmore at noaa.gov
Mon May 8 10:48:07 EDT 2006

Does any one know where I might find a flyback transformer for an old
Textronix 647 'scope? My Dad (W5JHJ) has one of these and the flyback
transformer is bad. The 'scope works fine, except for this. When the
transformer heats up, the insulation breaks down and the display
dies. After a bit of cooling, everything works fine until it heats up again.

He's checked with Tektronix and they have none available for such old
'scopes. He hates to junk it, but unless we can fix it, it isn't very
useful and he doesn't have much interest in keeping it as a museum piece...

Kim Elmore, N5OP
                           Kim Elmore, Ph.D.
                        University of Oklahoma
         Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies
"All of weather is divided into three parts: Yes, No, and Maybe. The
greatest of these is Maybe" The original Latin appears to be garbled.