[AMRadio] 2-240A

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Mon May 8 12:32:11 EDT 2006

Rick Brashear wrote:

> Man, THAT is a rectifier!  Sure would look good in a set up with a
> couple of 250TH's.
>
> Rick/K5IZ

Was thinking that 4 of 'em in a straight line, would look behind a
window... 1 pair for my p-p 250TH final, and the 2nd pair for my p-p
250TH modulator ;-)

Buuuuuuttt...  $18/per, and I'd need 4 of 'em, and the extra filament
draw...  I think I'd do better with 872's, and they're still Mercury
(the two for the final on the outside, the modulator supply recitifers
inside those, still 4 in-line - would look good on one of those cold,
dark winter nights ;-)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR