[AMRadio] 2-240A

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Mon May 8 20:46:53 EDT 2006

Donald Chester wrote:

>> From: Rick Brashear <rickbras at airmail.net>
>

>> Man, THAT is a rectifier!  Sure would look good in a set up with a
>> couple of 250TH's.
>

> You would do better with a pair of 575A's or 872's.  That high vacuum
> rectifier will handle a lot of voltage, but look at the voltage drop
> at 500 ma.
>
> The tube would be useful for something over 10 kv and fairly low
> current.  The filament consumes a lot of power as well.

The 2-2000 falls into the same catagory.

I remember, Don, on one of my 'treasure hunts' at John Mohn's/W5MEU,
that he had a regulated power supply, using a pair of 4-400's.

I'd sure like to know more about using tubes, especially those
high-power pentodes, as voltage regulators.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR