[AMRadio] Ferroresonant transformer revisited

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Wed May 10 10:03:42 EDT 2006

I have the following Sola ferroresonant CV transformers for sale. The filament transformers are extremely useful for circuits sensitive to voltage variation.

Sola NOS constant voltage transformer, 385V each side of CT at 110ma, plus 5V at 2A and 6.3VCT at 3 amps. Some scratches on nice gray case. Hookup diagram on case. $12 plus $8 US Priority flat rate box mailing.

Sola NOS constant voltage transformer, 118V at 254ma and 330V at ??ma. With 3UF 330VAC capacitor for 330V hookup. Hookup diagram on case. $6 plus $8 US Priority flat rate box mailing.

Sola Model 21248 NOS constant voltage filament transformers (2 to sell). These have a 5V winding and a 6.3V winding. Neither one is center tapped. Not sure of current rating but these things are big and heavy-about 1.5 times the size of the one above with the 2 filament windings-with no HV winding! So I'd say that these are about 5 amps at 5V and another 5 amps at 6.3V. $10 each. Brand new in nice gray cases.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT