[AMRadio] Ferroresonant transformer revisited

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed May 10 10:15:11 EDT 2006

No doubt, they are noisy rascals, hot too.  Geoff, I'm glad you
mentioned 450TL.  I have one I acquired with an old BC-610 someone had
hacked up trying to make an amplifier.  Is there a way to test more than
the filament other than putting it in a working amplifier?  I'd kind of
like to build something around it, but would hate to get it all complete
only to find the tube was too weak or dead.

Rick/K5IZ