[AMRadio] Oscillator Filament Voltage change and frequency drift

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Fri May 12 11:06:26 EDT 2006

Geoff,

   The run of the mill 3 terminal regulators such as
7805 (5V) and and LM-317 (adjustable) both use NPN
darlington output, and these require a minimum of 2
volts in / out differential wheras the low drop
regulators use a single PNP series pass where the in /
out differential can be as low as 1/2 volt.

Do they make a 4au6 or a 3au6?

Jim