[AMRadio] Heavy Metal

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Mon May 22 10:47:08 EDT 2006

Thanks Brian.  I don't remember the number describing the size of the
crystal, but it has a small silver case the size of those used in the
old Johnson Messenger (White and Black Face) CB radios (I just converted
a couple to 10 meters.)  However, they have larger pin adapters soldered
on them unlike the CB type crystal.  I was amazed when I finally got
inside the oven to find such a small crystal controlling such a gigantic
transmitter!

By the way, I need a couple more of those ovens if you or anyone else
happens to have some.

73,
Rick/K5IZ