[AMRadio] Great conditions on 75 last night

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue May 23 09:00:12 EDT 2006

Quite a group on the air from the northeast last evening, with an
unusually quiet band to enjoy. Has to be related to the cold snap
we're having, no noise from T-storms adding to the mix.

Some of the guys worked a mobile station in Michigan while I was away
from the switch, and later in the evening we heard Sonny, N3UOF ('up
on frequency') who was using a Collins 30K-1 recently returned to the
air. Nice signal into Vermont and even better into southern NH. W1IA
and WA1HZK made recordings of Sonny and played them back so he could
assess his progress.

One of the more interesting moments came when Chris, KD2XA relayed a
story of his run-in with a rather durable Adirondak mouse at his
cabin. My high point of the night was switching on the transmitter and
being shocked to see the meters barely lift off the pegs, only to
discover I had forgotten to switch from 'Tune' back to 'Operate' after
making a quick check of my bias setting. CRS is setting in.

Never a dull moment with this crew!

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ