[AMRadio] Re: Amplifier with input drive to screen grid

ne1s ne1s at neandertech.com
Tue May 23 13:23:34 EDT 2006

It sounds like they were connecting the 813s as zero-bias triodes, more
often done in modulator service. Don't know why they'd do this instead of
run them GG in this application, though, unless there was an appreciable
difference in gain. Maybe the guy just wanted to experiment with something
"different."

I don't see how the grid current meter connected as you described would
register any grid current at all, 'cuz I can't see that the control grid
would go positive wrt the cathode in that configuration. Does it move off
the peg at all??

73,
 -Larry/NE1S