[AMRadio] BTA-1R2

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Tue May 23 14:29:47 EDT 2006

To all owners or those familiar with the BTA-1R series of transmitters:

The "Power Raise/Lower" variable resistor (1R405) is connected to the
motor unit which turns it when switch #1S202 is operated.  The
connection between the motor and the rheostat on mine is gone and I
can't seem to find a legible picture showing exactly how the two
circular pieces (the one the motor and the one on the resistor) connect
together.  Mine had a make shift piece of felt held securely by a
radiator hose clamp at one time, but this too was broken.  Can someone
take a look at their 1R  and let me know how they are really supposed to
be connected.  It appears that this may have had some kind of slip type
clutch arrangement originally, but I could be way off base on that.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

73,
Rick/K5IZ