[AMRadio] BTA-1R2

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Tue May 23 16:47:21 EDT 2006

Thanks.  Mine has a porcelain coupling isolating the rheostat from the
motor drive shaft, but what concerns me is without some kind of slip
apparatus on the two 1 3/8" hubs that connect the rheostat shaft
coupling to the motor drive shaft coupling it would be possible to do
damage to either the motor or resistor if either limit were reached and
the power still applied to the motor and gearbox.  It appears this is
the factory installation, but maybe it's been modified?

Rick/K5IZ