[AMRadio] JOHNSON WHITEFACE

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Fri May 26 20:47:07 EDT 2006

Great find, Bob!  Once you get your crystals (I'd suggest 29.000 and 10k
steps) just retune for the new frequency and you're home free.  N other
mods necessary.   If you want a little extra pepper on it, strap the
power resistor and replace the rectifier with a couple of diodes.
Remember, we used to call this "black tube and strap" back when...  You
can easily get 10 watts of real nice AM out of it.  I have a Black Face
in the shack ready to go on 29.000.  By the way, Petersen is the way to
go for the crystals as you stated.  Very accurate and very fast service.

Have fun and see you on 10 meter AM.
Rick/K5IZ