[AMRadio] JOHNSON WHITEFACE

k0ng at inebraska.com k0ng at inebraska.com
Sat May 27 12:48:02 EDT 2006

Hello Bob: Congrats on NIB Whiteface. There are still a lot of them around
but not many NIB. I own 3 of them, one looks like it needs some TLC, one I
converted to 10 Meters easily, just new crystals and 20 minutes tune-up.
As I recall, I put 29.000 and 29.100 in that one. (I scan 29.000 to 29.150
in 10 KHz steps). I think I doubled the power by shorting out the final screen
resistor but would have to look at it again. (I did not get 10 Watts out).

One Whiteface I converted to cover 160 Meters. This is a bit more difficult
( new final coil and tune cap, new RF Chokes etc + crystals ) works well
for local net type use. They are a fun radio to work on or to get your first
conversion going.

Have fun. 73, Charlie, K0NG  ..