[AMRadio] JOHNSON WHITEFACE

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Sat May 27 15:02:50 EDT 2006

I had two Johnsons in decent shape but figuring the cost of receive and
transmit crystals (you never always have the "right pair"), no tunable
receive, I opted to sell them, and picked up a beautiful Lafayette HA-410
with tunable receive, VFO or crystal operation, 2E26 in the final, and a
spot switch that allows you to zero in (i.e. a tunable BFO) and even work
SSB stations. It's even plate modulated.

Pete, wa2cwa