[AMRadio] BTA Mods

neal Newman cozy659 at yahoo.com
Sun May 28 21:43:22 EDT 2006

 Hi Rick
No matter what I tried to Fix what was done to this
transmitter.
It would Put out Spurs all over the place.
Yes  It got to 75 meters...looking at the spectrum
analyzer It was all over the place.
these spurs were causing High currents  and arcing.
in the output Network. self oscillations the
transmitter was what I call a Runaway. you Could pull
out the crystal and it would still deliver full output
 Not a Good sign..
thats when I decided to Build the output network back
to the RCA design. and try 160 meters..
it worked first shot. Clean spectral.
If you like to Tinker with High voltages and networks.
and not worried about Blowing out coils. Cool  Go for
it. I would recommend you put a spectrum analyzer on
it when your Done. best to cover your butt..
and If you Do get a clean Output on 75 meters. Let me
know  Ill try it on another Rig I just picked up..
 Now  I know the Gates BC-1H  can go to 75 meters
I know  one down  south where its a dual bander it
does 75  and 160 meters. going through a Divorce right
now. so eventually Ill get to working on the Gates..

--- Rick Brashear <rickbras at airmail.net> wrote:

.  What seemed to be the them on 75?  My goal is 3.880
thru 3.890, so I would