[AMRadio] 10 Meters

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Tue May 30 08:40:13 EDT 2006

Mark K3MSB wrote:

> Called CQ quite a few times between 2230 and 2300 today (Saturday).
> No results,  but in between I worked quite a few CW stations on 10M in
> the CQ WW PX contets, so 10 is open from here (Central PA) to parts of
> the midwest.

I worked stations in Houston, TX and Oklahoma, while driving through
Birmingham, AL.  Short-skip was in.

There was an apparent 6m remote base connected to a UHF repeater, also
in the Birmingham area, where I head stations in the 1, 2 3, 4 and 5th
call areas on (aparently) 52.525MHz.  I say 'apparently' because I did
hear a few guys calling 'CQ Fifty two five two five' unless that's a new
6m mobius club I'm not familiar with ;-)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR