[AMRadio] Stock or modify? BC rig "value"

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Tue May 30 22:35:57 EDT 2006

Points well taken, Phil.  Although I intend to move my R2 to 75 meters I
have no intention of altering anything unnecessarily.  I am hoping a few
capacitor and coil changes will do the trick.  I may be chasing the
wind, but I'll give it a try.  I do have several mods or "quickie
repairs" I need to put back to original first.  I especially agree with
your thoughts on safety.  I've been around high voltage rigs for many,
many years as most of us have and they are not to be toyed with.  You
are allowed no mistakes at 3100 volts and almost half an amp.

Thanks,
Rick/K5IZ

>Whenever I have acquired a broadcast transmitter, I spent many weekends
>REMOVING some totally atrocious mods that were installed by "engineers" over
>the years. Some of these were done under time pressure....

Phil K2PG