[AMRadio] Stock or modify? BC rig "value"

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed May 31 12:21:24 EDT 2006

Jim,

The considerations you mentioned are getting more and more evident as I
do the calculations for the R2.  I want to keep everything as original
as possible, but it seems I will be forced to utilize a different output
configuration to get to 75 meters.  I intend to use it on 3880 kc thru
3890 kc.  It would be nice to have the capabilities to slip down to
3870/75 kc for the West Coast bunch, but that will come later, if at
all.  I've considered using my Ranger to drive it and may do so at some
point in time, but initially I intend on being rock bound to the three
target frequencies.  Thanks a million for your observations, I hope
everyone will continue to offer their ideas and suggestions.

73,
Rick/K5IZ