[AMRadio] previous text -- do not include

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Wed May 31 14:14:11 EDT 2006

>From: "Harry Vaught, KT4AE" <kt4ae at bellsouth.net>

>Youse guys?  Some sort of colloquialism I suppose, instead of the proper
>"y'all" or acceptable alternate, "you'uns".

Maybe a better term would be "you-unses."

Actually, this reflects a deficiency in the English languages.

Centuries ago, we had a perfectly good set of singular and plural pronouns
for "you."
"You" was the plural form, and "thee" and "thou" were the singular forms.
For some reason, "thee"  and "thou" dropped out of useage, and "you" came to
be both the proper singular and plural form, and we have struggled ever
since with makeshift plural forms such as "you all, you guys, you-uns,
youse," etc.

Today,r "thee" and "thou" are mostly limited to Shakespeare and
"churchtalk."

Don k4kyv

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/